Monday, September 22, 2014
going to the apple store with all of the excitement because NEW COMPUTER and then coming home empty-handed because DUH they can’t just magically put more memory on a laptop that’s already made is just such a letdown.
but i’m over it and loving all these last moments with mr. macbook.
day 264: went to hoboken (and sat with this as my view for a couple hours) to catch up with phalangesx5x for lunch, and drinks, and to see his apartment.
day 265: http://bit.ly/1sVcLav
Sunday, September 21, 2014
day 254: i did it. i bought a mini-sized leaves. and then i went back when the 3-wick were 2 for $22 and bought two more. *insert monkey-covering-eyes emoji*
day 255: margs.
day 256: went to the city to hang with friends and we drank that.
day 257: football. honestly, one of my favorite things about fall.
day 258: http://bit.ly/1sVccxt
day 259: no explanation necessary.
day 260: pre-interview, calming nerves situation.
day 261: sorry…
day 262: …i liked my outfits.
day 263: new favorite jeans and forever favorite mocks.
Get excited about the little things. About wearing a new outfit for the first time. About Sunday brunches with your best friends. About the new cute guy in your class. About finding an extra dollar in your pocket. About anything that even remotely makes you happy because as you grow up, passions fade and enthusiasm gets mistaken for foolishness. So don’t let the grey world stop you from shining.
Friday, September 19, 2014
it’s easy to post pretty pictures and the most wise of words. curating what we hope and aspire for isn’t necessarily bad, as it awakens and steers rightly our souls. but do be cautious, discern your own and others realities before comparison. we are vulnerable creatures, even the most brave. curate and dream with honest hearts. simply and humbly. stay close and unintimidated by the wounds that hold the secrets to your best self. share and be true.
This might be the most influential quote of the whole series.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Anonymous said: I know how to make that annoying keyboard thing go away! Go to "settings" then "general" then "keyboard" then turn off where it says "predictive" and it should go away! Hope this helps!
Thank you! I happened to figure it out, earlier!
I Wanna Dance With Somebody- WH
Anonymous said: How do you like ios8 so far? I'm hesitant to download!
I like it, but I am definitely seeing some glitches. My biggest issue right now is that the words above the keyboard to predict what you’re typing won’t go away. I know I had an option to “swipe down” to get rid of it and I did, but I must have pulled it back up and now that “slide down” option isn’t available again. (If anyone can help, PLEASE)
I also don’t know if it’s just with specific apps, but my Instagram is doing weird things and I don’t know if Tumblr is meant to look weird and stretched out, but it does and I don’t like it.
I don’t regret downloading or anything, though. There’s really not a ton of improvements or cool features. But anything Apple puts out, I end up loving and obsessing over, eventually.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
"I Don’t even know who I am anymore"
because this was exactly me and my thoughts on one night when weird things happened
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
today was a really good day:
- well, i planned on waking up at a decent hour to work-out. that didn’t happen. i stayed in bed for decades.
- i hopped on the train around 2 p.m. which got me to penn station close to 3.
- i conquered the subway for the first time, on my own. it really wasn’t a difficult trip, but *pat on the back for me*.
- i got off and had about an hour to spare before my interview (!!!), so i walked about 10 blocks to david’s tea.
- there i got a cup of my favorite iced tea: coco lemon thai. i also bought one of the new fall teas: maple sugar. (SO. FALL.)
- then i walked back down to my interview, where i had to sign in, take the elevator to the 22nd floor, wait there, continue up to the 26th floor and meet the women that i’d be interviewing with.
- everything went well (i think and hope)! i got along very well with both women and i think we all saw eye-to-eye on what the position entails and what i can bring to the table.
- then i waited again to meet with the woman that got me in contact with these other women (so confusing, sorry, but i don’t want to say anything until i get it. cause i will get it ;)).
- i met her and she was so nice, it was unreal. she was saying that if this job doesn’t work out for me that she will help me find something else with one of the many other contacts she has.
- then i left the building, with the rest of corporate america, and got a glimpse into the life of a daily commuter (i’m tired already :P).
- now, i’m sipping the maple sugar tea, writing thank you’s to my interviewers, dowloading ios 8, and crossing my fingers and toes that this job works out!
look at this picture
when you see it, you cannot unsee it
it’s a woman
PAINTED TO LOOK LIKE A PARROT
it took me 5 minutes to find her
I WAS LIKE NO THAT’S NOT A WOMAN, THAT’S A PARROT
OMG I’ve finally found it after seeing this on my dash forever. WHAT EVEN.
My favorite fun fact about Boston University is that BU Bridge is the only place in the world where a plane can fly over a car driving over a train speeding over a boat. all at the same time